/// Ample room for masterly performances.*
The AscTec Pelican** is the packhorse amongst AscTec’s Research Line UAVs. The quadrocopter offers plenty of space and various interfaces for individual components and payloads. The two-time IARC champion is your key to unlimited experiments. High quality standards in production guarantee reliability and safety of this aerial robot.
/// Essential flight system characteristics.
- The inertial guidance system provides highest precision through advanced sensor components and two microprocessors.
- The control unit provides highest flexibility. Latest interfaces simplify the implementation of your own c-code algorithms.
- The Low Level Processor (LLP) ensures a highly stable flight behavior of your flight system: The LLP is the data controller, processes all sensor data and performs the data fusion of all relevant information with an update rate of 1 kHz!
- The High Level Processor (HLP) controls your flight system according to your C-code: Take control over the flight system with your control algorithms.
- Safe testing thanks to the Safety Switch function: While testing your control commands and maneuvers, you can simply switch back into safe mode and the proven AscTec AutoPilot takes over.
/// Key features of the flying robot.
- Made in Germany. Innovation and manufacturing from Bavaria. We develop and produce in-house – essential hard- and software is made by Ascending Technologies.
- Maximum performance & safety. The 4-rotor propulsion system is very robust and guarantees a stable flight.
- Minimum of weight & size. Highest precision and controllability.
- Transportable fully assembled and ready to receive your code.
- Low-noise, emission-free and environmentally friendly operation. The energy-efficient engines work with only 100 Watt per motor.
- Great reliability: The AscTec Pelican is proven and tested as a useful research tool in challenging conditions.
/// The global R&D UAS bestseller.
The AscTec Pelican can be used for a large variety of projects. The tower structure if the AscTec Pelican is designed to integrate various payloads and offers easy access to the electronics of the flight system. This allows you to integrate or exchange your own sensors and components at any time – and test them as you desire. All flight data and parameters are processed directly by the high-performance board computer while the system in the air.
/// Double IARC Champion.
The AscTec Pelican is IARC Champion 2012 & IARC Champion 2013: In 2012, an MIT team won the coveted trophy in cooperation with Ascending Technologies. In 2013, the Tsinghua University, Beijing, China managed to defend the title with an AscTec Pelican. Each IARC mission is put out for tender globally and challenges the contestants to a task that is regarded “impossible” at the time it is proposed. Details on the contest:www.aerialroboticscompetition.org
/// UAS Specifications:
/// UAS onboard computer FAQ:
/// Fields of UAS research:
- Computer Vision.
- Automated flight experiments.
- Optical distance measurement (LiDAR – Light Detection and Ranging & LaDAR – Laser Detection and Ranging).
- Autonomy and automation of indoor navigation.
- Diverse sensor integration options.
/// Available UAS payloads & options:
- AscTec Mastermind +Camera Mount Type 1, 2, 3 or Laser Scanner Mount.
- AscTec Atomboard + Camera Mount Type 1, 2, 3 or 4 + Laser Scanner Mount.
- Propeller protector.
/// Wireless communication:
- 2.4 GHz XBee link 10–63 mW
- WiFi (optional)
/// See for yourself …
* Programming and flight technique knowledge are required for the practical operation of our research flight systems. Please notice that some substantial information is only available in English.
** This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. These devices are not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, in the United States until authorization is obtained. However, the research devices, Pelican, Hummingbird and Firefly, may be sold or leased in the United States as an evaluation kit to allow product developers to evaluate electronic components, circuitry, or software associated with the kit to determine whether to incorporate such items in a finished product and to software developers to write software applications for use with the end product. This evaluation kit is not a finished product and when assembled may not be resold or otherwise marketed in the United States unless all required FCC equipment authorizations are first obtained. Operation is subject to the condition that this product not cause harmful interference to licensed radio stations and that this product accept harmful interference.