After almost a decade of successfully supplying the research market with robust and proven flight systems the AscTec Research Line UAVs and their payloads are declared end of life by 31st March 2018. Please place your orders before December 31, 2017**.
/// Small, but powerful.*
The AscTec Hummingbird** is designed for highly dynamic and risky flight maneuvers. The quadcopter is very robust and its simple structure is easy to repair. Accordingly, it is the ideal flight system for flight experiments and drone formation flights. High-quality production standards ensure that our products are reliable and safe.
/// Essential flight system characteristics.
- The inertial guidance system provides highest precision through advanced sensor components and two microprocessors.
- The control unit provides highest flexibility. Latest interfaces simplify the implementation of your own c-code algorithms.
- The Low Level Processor (LLP) ensures a highly stable flight behavior of your flight system: The LLP is the data controller, processes all sensor data and performs the data fusion of all relevant information with an update rate of 1 kHz!
- The High Level Processor (HLP) controls your flight system according to your c-code: Take control over the flight system with your control algorithms.
- Safe testing thanks to the Safety Switch function: While testing your control commands and maneuvers, you can simply switch back into safe mode and the proven AscTec AutoPilot takes over.
/// Key features of the flying robot.
- Made in Germany. Innovation and manufacturing from Bavaria. We develop and produce in-house – essential hard- and software is made by Ascending Technologies.
- Maximum performance & safety. The 4-rotor propulsion system is very robust and guarantees a stable flight.
- Minimum weight & size. Highest precision and controllability.
- Transportable fully assembled and ready to receive your code.
- Low-noise, emission-free and environmentally friendly operation. The energy-efficient engines work with only 100 Watt per motor.
- Great reliability: The AscTec Hummingbird is proven and tested as a useful research tool in challenging conditions.
/// Simple structural and snap assembly design of the flight system.
The AscTec Hummingbird is a high-tech toy that you are welcome to test to the limit. Predetermined breaking points, a robust aluminum safety frame, lightweight and inexpensive CFK components – the entire system is designed for you to carry out all essential repairs by yourself. A little bit of soldering and screwing is sufficient to put together all individual components and build a complete system.
/// World-champion UAS formation flights.
The AscTec Hummingbird is the world’s undisputed #1 regarding swarm intelligence. Recently, the AscTec Hummingbird equaled its own record of 50 synchronous drones flying in formation. Performing “Drone 100” Ars Electronica & Intel lifted drone swarming to a higher level. With 100 AscTec Hummingbird drones in formation, all simultaneously in the air, it is the untouched Guinness World Record at the moment. And it’s evidence for the outstanding technological performance that these small “aircrafts” are capable of.
/// UAS Specifications:
/// UAS onboard computer FAQ:
/// Fields of UAS research:
- Control theory & dynamic flight experiments.
- Swarming – Swarm Intelligence.
- Showcases: http://flyingmachinearena.org/videos
/// Available UAS payloads & options:
- AscTec Atomboard + Camera Mount Type 1 or 3.
- Vision Kit Mount.
/// Wireless communication:
- 2.4 GHz XBee link 10–63 mW
- WiFi (optional)
/// See for yourself …
* Programming and flight technique knowledge are required for the practical operation of our research flight systems. Please notice that some substantial information is only available in English.
** Last product discontinuance order date: Dec 31, 2017. Given stock availability.
*** This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. These devices are not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, in the United States until authorization is obtained. However, the research devices, Pelican, Hummingbird and Firefly, may be sold or leased in the United States as an evaluation kit to allow product developers to evaluate electronic components, circuitry, or software associated with the kit to determine whether to incorporate such items in a finished product and to software developers to write software applications for use with the end product. This evaluation kit is not a finished product and when assembled may not be resold or otherwise marketed in the United States unless all required FCC equipment authorizations are first obtained. Operation is subject to the condition that this product not cause harmful interference to licensed radio stations and that this product accept harmful interference.