The Intel Deutschland Privacy Notice was updated on January 01, 2017. To view our previous notices, please click here.
Intel Deutschland GmbH (“Intel Deutschland”, “we”, “us” and “our”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your information through Intel Deutschland’ web sites ( “Intel Deutschland Services”), along with our marketing and advertising practices.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information We Collect
Intel Deutschland collects various types of personal information, including:
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, billing and shipping address, phone number, email address, and account ID)
- Payment information
- Information or contact requests
If you submit any personal information about other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Other Information We Collect
Intel Deutschland also collects other information from your app, browser, or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else’s) real world identity, for example:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies
- IP address
- Aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information
- Demographic information and other information provided by you (i.e., language, occupation, postal code).
We and our third-party service providers collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version. We use this information to make sure that the Intel Deutschland Services function properly, analyze the performance of our products, and improve and maintain the Intel Deutschland Services.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites, applications and other Intel Deutschland Services collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as communicating with your device, calculating usage levels of the Intel Deutschland Services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering the Intel Deutschland Services.
- INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We use personal information:
- To provide you the services on our website.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you technical documents or whitepapers or information material requested in our contact form.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To personalize your experience on the Intel Deutschland Services by presenting products, marketing messages, offers, and content tailored to you.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, provide you with related customer service, and establish and manage your Intel Deutschland accounts.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, market research, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our Intel Deutschland Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. To send administrative information and service notifications to you, for example, information regarding the Intel Deutschland Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Personal information may be shared or disclosed:
- To our authorized service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as web site hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. We also use Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and on how to opt-out, please refer to our Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or the rights of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may collect, use, and disclose other information obtained through cookies in accordance with our Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the policies and practices of third parties or other organizations that are not Intel Deutschland service providers, including policies and practices related to privacy and security, data collection, processing, use, storage, and disclosure. This includes: (a) any third party operating any site or service to which the Intel Deutschland Services link – the inclusion of a link on the Intel Deutschland Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates; or (b) any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer (such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, etc.) – including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Intel Deutschland Services or our Social Media Pages.
When we share personal information with an Intel Deutschland service provider, we require that they first contractually agree to comply with reasonable and appropriate privacy and security standards.
The Intel Deutschland Services are designed to provide reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Users of Intel Deutschland Services must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and service they are utilizing. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password to any Intel Deutschland account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- MARKETING PREFERENCES
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may update and request access to your contact details and communication preferences by using one of the following methods: visit the specific product or service web site; use the Contact form; use the “unsubscribe” link, or send a letter to the postal address below. You can also unsubscribe from Intel Deutschland marketing-related messages by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing-related message sent to you. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do choose not to receive marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative and transactional messages (i.e., service notifications) about your Intel Deutschland Services.
You can opt-out from our use of your personal information for marketing or market research purposes at any time, e.g. by using the Contact form.
- HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to correct, update, delete, or request access to the personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us by: visiting the specific product or service web site; the online Contact form; or sending a letter to the postal address below including your name, email address, account identification (if applicable), and purpose of the request.
For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to personal information about you (not anyone else), and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. We need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
- CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about Intel Deutschland’ privacy practices, you can contact us by using the Contact form or send a letter to the postal address listed below. Please include your contact information, name of the Intel Deutschland Service or website, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
- UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice. The “Last Updated” section at the top of this page states when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Intel Deutschland Services.
If any change materially and negatively affects the privacy of your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share personal information.