/// The Ascending Technologies GmbH is a manufacturer & innovator of advanced micro UAVs.
Benefit from the expertise of the long-standing technology leaders in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). With over 1,000 expert multicopters sold worldwide, the company possesses a unique wealth of experience.
/// From hype to high tech.
The German high-tech company was founded in Krailling (near Munich) in 2007 by four pioneers in UAV technology: Dipl.-Ing. Michael Achtelik, Klaus-Michael Doth, M.Sc., Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Gurdan and Dipl.-Ing. Jan Stumpf. Today they are still the managers and owners of the company. With the invention and development of the Silverlit X-UFO in 2002, the national winners of the Jugend forscht* (young researchers) competition, Gurdan and Doth contributed to the international hype that would envelop the quadcopter and multicopter. Teaming up with Achtelik and Stumpf, also prizewinners at Jugend forscht, the technology was perfected so as to enable the development of their own production series. They remain trendsetters in the UAV market.
/// Set trends & focus.
After all, in 2010 they set the world record for long flights of mini UAVs with 12 hours 26 minutes and 56.9 seconds: The AscTec Pelican from the AscTec Research Line for university research was kept permanently charged during the flight by a laser beam – and could have kept flying indefinitely. Collaboration with NASA-financed specialists from LaserMotive LLC made it possible. “It also shows how precisely a quadcopter system can fly and how accurately it can hold its position”, commented Gordon Strickert from the German Aerospace Center (DLR) on the successful mission.
/// Pioneer work & aviation history.
To this day, Ascending Technologies accomplishes pioneering work in the area of sensor data processing and flight attitude stabilization with a clear focus on professional applications of the flight systems in the civilian sector. In 2013, a cooperation with e-volo meant that they made headlines again. The company used the brand new market-leading centerpiece of their technology, the AscTec Trinity control unit, to make possible the maiden flight of the first electrically operated – and in the long term manned – multicopter. The environmentally friendly and emissions-free Volocopter VC200 made aviation history on November 17, 2013 in Karlsruhe.
/// Competence & partnership.
The AscTec Falcon 8 has been in serial production since 2009 and is the leading aircraft for professional aerial imaging in the areas of aerial photography, videography, industrial inspections, surveying as well as thermal and specialized photography. Like all systems by Ascending Technologies, it stands for quality, safety and reliability through progress. True to the premise: Amazing technology! Many of our customers are as loyal to us as we are to them since the very beginning of civil drone utilization. For them – as much as we would for you – we permanently work on intelligent, cost-effective solutions for today and the future.
/// Real German innovation.
Our target is for you to take part in and work collaboratively to design technical solutions to the current challenges of today and tomorrow. Our high-quality in-house manufacturing and customer-oriented development enable us to design and prototype our very own innovative products and individually improve them based on specific needs. From circuit boards to rotor blades. From autopilot to CFK frames. From the black box to raw data loggers. We invite you to experience our compelling quality – made in Germany!
- EuRoC „European Robotics Challenge“: UAV plant inspection & servicing. www.euroc-project.eu
- ANCHORS „UAV – Assisted Ad Hoc Networks for Crisis Management and Hostile Environment Sensing”: UAVs for crisis prevention. www.anchors-project.eu
- TRADR „Teaming for Robot-Assisted Disaster Response“: Human-robot teaming in disaster response efforts. www.tradr-project.eu
- Projekt „Wildretter“: Wildlife protection during times of grassland mowing. Sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. In cooperation with DLR. www.wildretter.de
- UAV-DACH: From the very beginning, Ascending Technologies have been involved with the UAV DACH umbrella organization, fostering objective discussions and sensibilization regarding the topic of drones/UAVs in several panels and boards. By information exchange, we help paving the way for the responsible use of civil drones for professional applications around the world. UAV DACH is member of the UVS International. The worldwide association for UAV technology and RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aerial Systems) use. www.uavdach.org
- BavAIRia – Aerospace industries in the heart of Europe: Ascending Technologies’ experts provide advice and services to the Bavarian Aerospace Association. www.bavairia.net
- I.S.A.R. Germany – International Search and Rescue: UAV technology for human aid and first responders in crisis areas. Currently, the AscTec Falcon 8 as first responder drone supports I.S.A.R. Germany in crisis regions with the reconnaissance of difficult terrain. www.isar-germany.de